Thanks for the peaches Dan and Millie! Someday I will be domesticated. Right?
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Hard day's work
The other day Cam brought home a HUGE thing of peaches from Richfield. It sounds like Dan and Millie's tree went a little wild this year. So I didn't know what to do with them so I decided to make jam. I had a few of my friends over (Jen and Jodi) Between running kids to and from school and taking care of screaming babies, it took us ALL day to get them done. But when we were done we had five dozen + things of jam. We did plain peach, peach-pinapple, and peach-strawberry. I hope they will ture out ok. This is the first time that I made the attempt with out Mom or Grandma's help. Jen had NEVER done anything like that. Jodi wasn't there the whole time so I was really worried it wouldn't turn out. It looks good, I hope it is as good as it looks. I didn't get many pictures but here is some of the finished product.

Thanks for the peaches Dan and Millie! Someday I will be domesticated. Right?
Thanks for the peaches Dan and Millie! Someday I will be domesticated. Right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
ah fantastic!!! i hope they turn out tasty too!! i love homemade jams!!! but yeah i wouldn't DARE without my mom!! haha
Wow look at you! That is awesome! The combination of flavors sounds really good!
I hope they turn out. I hate this time of year. I get tired of bottling before we even start. This year we did about 75 jars of green beans, 16 jars salsa and tomorrow we will be doing peaches. Hope everything is going well. Jamie
Great show of domestication! Thanks for taking the peaches off our hands, I was never home to do them, and I think Dan'd had enough!
Wow, way to go Crystal! One day I hope to be domesticated as well. I've never attempted jam or even canning. One day, one day. :)
Just a little note.... the jam is GOOD!
man im so jealous, i love yummy homemade jam, and thos combos sounds really good!! good job!!
Hey, thanks for the jam! I wish I could have been there the whole day. Maybe next time! It turned out great and I had a good time, thanks!
Mmmm...my favorite thing is homemade jam! Great job - I've never done it before but I'd love to learn.
Crystal I think im retarded hahah i cant put a playlist on mine ;(
This year is my first attempt by myself, too! My fruit is in the freezer waiting. . . but I'm going to do it! Wish me luck :)
Looks yummy! Hey you are getting domesticated, Peach Jam! I have not tried peach but I have done strawberry, and raspberry. I think we are domesticated though! Cleaning, laundry and cooking is enough definition for me to be qualified as domestic!
Hey girls weekend! Sign me up!!! I think pretty much any weekend would work except for the first of course. Let me know. We should go to Park City or something? Or St. George... warm!
OK this jam is amazing i need to come spend a week with you and you can teach me how to cook before steven starves
Post a Comment