Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Someone Talk me out of it!!!

Last Friday was girls night. We had a really fun party with about 12 of us at one of my friend's house. We had some AMAZING fondue and just a really great night without screaming babies. Anyway after we ate we broke out the DDR mats. that was fun and then.. Guitar Hero. It was SOOOO much fun. it is seriousely addictive. We played until 2am! For all of you who know my opinion of video games this is a huge thing for me. I have been dying to get my hands on it again so that I can get a little better. (compared to some of them I am not very good at it) So for the first time in my entire life I am considering getting a game console. I don't care which one, just one that will have guitar hero. OK, so now for all of you that know my husband, you know what a bad idea it would be to own something that plays games on it. I would never get anything productive out of him and he likes war games, not gonna happen.... So someone please talk me out of it before I make a huge mistake and talk my cousin out of one of his PS3s

11 comments:

dust and kam said...

I don't know what to tell you - we love Guitar Hero. It is the only game that we have for our PS2. But we have a lot of fun playing! :)

Joel Chidester said...

war games are cool. go cam

Katelyn said...

We have a ps2 as well and we love guitar hero. It's the only game I will play with Mike. I feel the same way as you about video games.
Mike also likes to play war games, along with all kinds of other games. I'm afraid there is nothing I could do to keep him from playing though.

Michelle said...

Um...I haven't played the game, but it looks super fun. However, I would never in a million years buy one for my home. Mike has his computer war games and that's bad enough. When he starts playing them, it's the only time I feel like devorcing him. :) It causes some major contention in our home and it's just not worth it to me. I did tell him that we could get one after he finishes his first year of residency. I reserve the right to change my mind though. lol.

If you get one I would definitely be for setting some rules. Like only getting it out one day a week and for get togethers or something. That's my 2cents.

Cameron and Crystal Chidester said...

Joel, you're dead. :)

I think that borrowing the thing for a few days might be the answer.

Anonymous said...

i love guitar hero!!! it's a great game...

Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron said...

I just wanted to say a few things in my behalf. I have wanted to respond to some of Crystal's past comments, but have restrained myself. However, I think this one warrants a comment of my own. Crystal likes to exagerate things, especially when it comes to computer games. There are very few "war games" that I like, and I don't know about DDR because I've never played it (I have seen others play it and it doesn't look all that fun, besides I'm not much of a dancer), but Guitar Hero is one of my favorite games, and would probably be one of the only ones I play, and probably mostly with crystal. Anyway, I have plenty of opportunities to play games with my friends, but chose not to, mostly because I rarely have the time. Plus, like Mike, I have a computer with games on it and I rarely play them. Anyway, my point is that it's now as bad as crystal says.

The Foisy's said...

Ok, Cam, Erik and I just read your comment. You are too funny. Erik says he knows better, he lived with you for 18 months. Just kidding! We played guitar hero with some friends it's super fun, but we kind of feel the same way. We hate to invest money into video game stuff. They're expensive and we would rather buy something else.

Cameron and Crystal Chidester said...

Thanks Erik!! :) hehe. OK so as you can tell it is a huge source of contention at our house and I am officially talked out of having one around.

Michelle said...

HAAAHAHA. Isn't is sad how just the thought of it causes issues. LOL.