Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cache Valley Cheese cooking competition

SO today was the Cache Valley Cheese cooking competition. It was so much fun! There were a few mishaps... my stove had problems so I had to use my neighbor's. But it was a blast. Thankfully it was a lot more laid back then things you see on food network. But it was still well put together. Channel 2 news showed up. The most stressful thing was probably the cameras in my face all the time. They had a still camera and videography. Very cool. The winner will be featured in better homes and gardens magazine, and gets a check for 5000 smackeroos. We find out the results tonight at the Bees baseball game. I really don't think I won... but I do at least get $1000. bonus....
Darin Adams from KSL was one of our judges. He was super nice and we sat around and talked for a while afterward. Really nice guy. 
Also one of our judges.... the Grocery Guru. You probably know who he is if you watch Good Things Utah... also a very nice guy.
Me just cooking away, I thought I had sooo much time I waited a little bit to get started, and at the end I was running. Time just goes by fast when you are having fun. This is my "I am stressed leave me alone" face. It was a really good experience. I am glad that I was chosen to be in it. They said over 200 recipes were entered, and 5 of us were chosen. So haha.... there were more than 5 that entered :P

4 comments:

Janell R. Cropper said...

so fun! good luck with everything!

Tevita and Jodi said...

Congrats to you. Can't wait to see if you won!

Jaimee said...

That is so awesome! I'm glad you had a fun time. I wish we had t.v. so we could watch for you on channel 2! I'll have to see if I can get it on the internet!

Woodstock Family said...

Way to go Crystal! What did you cook? I guess we'll have to come over for dinner now that we all know you cook! Good luck.....