Friday, December 5, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

We spent ALL day making gingerbread houses. Caeli had a ton of fun. Thanks goodness that is all that matters because it was a ton of work and a huge huge mess. She was covered in flour.
We made a big house and a small house. Caeli and I decorated the little one and Cam took care of the big one. It really was fun to see the kids be so excited about something. Cohen just liked to eat the candy. So did I for that matter. It really was a lot of fun once I got the dough rolled out. I don't like baking at all.





The finished products. We aren't very creative. Cam did well though. It was late when we finally got around to decorating them. That's why we don't have any pictures with Cohen helping. He had to go to bed.




6 comments:

Jaimee said...

That looks like so much fun! We made real gingerbread houses a couple of years ago, and it is a ton of work! I think this year, we will stick with graham crackers-I have no energy these days!

Michelle said...

I have no excuse for not having any energy, but I so don't. lol. I told Mike I wasn't gonna do real gingerbread this year. We usually do a house and a train. Mike says if we can't do real gingerbread he's just gonna use card board. hahaha.

Oh, did you use the recipe I posted or another one?

They really turned out awesome! Good job!!

Kacey said...

That looks like so much fun! A lot of work, but a lot of fun! And they turned out so cute!

Angela Severe said...

Wow what a Betty Crocker you have become! We break out the Costco 10 dollar ginger bread kits at our house. This mommmy is not as fun as you!!!

Anonymous said...

oh so very cute!! I'm thinking about doing these with Coen too!!

millie said...

I did a gingerbread house one year (many years ago), and I haven't had the ambition to try one since. Yours is really cute, and I can just see Cam really getting into the construction of it.