Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just some stuff....

Granny this post is mostly for you. :) We haven't done anything exciting for the last little while but here are just a few pictures of life at our house. Caeli had so much fun decorating the tree. Luckily Cohen hasn't really bothered the tree very much. I have WAY too many decorations for our little tree. I kept at least half of them in the box and the tree is still pretty full. We had to go with a little tree because our living room isn't very big. I was just glad that we got to have a real tree. Even though at this point it is super dry and making a huge mess if you even breathe on it.

Caeli being silly. She makes me laugh all of the time.
We made Grandma's Yummy ginger cookies the other day. They would have turned out great, and a few batches did, but my oven is a hunk of junk and the temperature fluctuates when I am cooking. A couple of batches were fine, one was way over done and one took forever to cook. I promise I know how to make cookies, for a girl that hates to bake I can at least do cookies. It really is my oven. The kids ate lots of cookie dough. They were a huge mess, but they loved it.
I am so grateful for this time of year. It's really fun for Caeli to be old enough to get it. Not only Santa and all of that jazz, but she understands that it is when we celebrate Jesus' birth. She keeps telling me that Jesus was wrapped in "toddling" clothes and slept on the hay. Children are so innocent. I can see why we are told to be "as little children" full of so much faith and love and so forgiving. I am really grateful to my Heavenly Father for my children. What a blessing!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

"Toddling clothes" lol. That is sooooo cute! Such cute kids!

I love your tree. I think it looks awesome.

Jaimee said...

Your kids are so cute! Caeli looks so much older to me in the last few posts! I can't wait to see them at Christmas. I had an oven like that in my last apartment. That stinks!

Channa said...

Oh your kids are so sweet and cute. I love your little Christmas tree! It's really cute and a perfect size. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Kate and Robbie said...

Cameron Chidester! What's happening my friend? I found your blog through Foisy. It's good to see you're alive and well. Your family is beautiful. Well done! Check out our blog sometime if you'd like. Take care man. ~Robbie Stoker

millie said...

I love your candid pictures of the kids. That one of them licking the beater and spoon is so cute! Kids make Christmas so much more fun.

Kacey said...

The one of Caeli with the pretzels reminded me of the part on ice age where sid the sloth puts stick in his mouth pretending to the the saber tooth tiger. hahaha oh man.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Your tree is so cute. It looks like you are having a great time living there. Are you coming home for Christmas? If not, have a Merry one!