
Little Miss Cara is being a gold star little girl. She hasn't been needing any gavage feedings at all so she is feeding-tube-free. She got her IV out the other day. That was really great. Her veins were giving the nurses lots of stress. So as of right now the only things on her little body are her monitors. She also got done with her bili lights. She was only borderline jaundice anyway. It is such a good feeling to hold her and not have any cords actually going into her body.

Daddy is trying to wake her up enough to eat. She was having a sleepy night last night and taking a little longer to eat. So we were doing everything we could to get her to eat to avoid that stinking feeding tube. Thank goodness it worked!

I just liked this picture it was like she was saying "get outta here". She has the cutest little skinny fingers. She reminds me a lot of Caeli as a newborn. She has pretty curly hair, more so on top instead of the back. It will be fun to do when it grows. :)

Here you can get a little better idea of how tiny she is. Dad was trying to burp her and she disappeared behind his hand. She is such a cute little girl and really mellow. She is so strong and scoots all over her little bed. She is still in an isolette. We will be moving into the open crib any time. They have it moved into her room and everything. So that will be our next excitement. She could easily go in it now. Her temperature has been steady since she was born so they have just been waiting to get her up to full feeds. So my guess is tonight or tomorrow morning.
Thins are going really well and we are feeling very blessed. I just can't wait to have my little family under the same roof. A lot of you have asked how I am doing... I am awesome! I am not kidding when I say that I am feeling better than I have in months. I had a small moment today when I realized that this is how old Cohen was when I woke up in the trailer with that perforation. Scary day. I woke up today happy that I could see my ankle bone again... :)
16 comments:
Awesome! I ma so happy for you. Life just can't get any sweeter right now ;) I love newborns.........well maybe not so much the hard work of them but they are such a blessing. Hope to see you soon. Take care! Ps. You look amazing! Standing up that soon. I am bed ridden for at least 2 days...you go girl!
I'm so glad you are all doing well! I can't wait to see her! She is so beautiful!
very cute!! i cant' believe how tiny she is!!
Congrats you guys! I'm so glad you both are doing well! She is beautiful!
Wow, she IS tiny!! Sooooo CUTE!!
She is so little. I can't believe how small she is. She is darling. She reminds me so much of Caeli. I bet you will be so glad when you can bring her home.
Congrats! I am so happy everything went well and you guys are both doing good! She is super cute and I love the name Cara!
Sounds like things are going good! I'm so happy for you guys! Isn't it amazing how happy you can be over seeing your ankles? I didn't think my ankles were that swollen with Samantha, but after she was born, I saw ankles I never know I had!
Crystal she is so cute and I am glad that she is doing so well. You will have her home before you know it.
She is so pretty and looks just like a Hatch to me! I am so glad she is doing well. What a cute double chin for such a small little girl! Hope all continues to go well. Congrats!
Wonderful report on you both. Pictures always make a baby seem so much bigger, so Cam's hand helps put Cara's size into perspective. What a cute, tiny little girl.
Oh she is adorable!! Glad she and mommy are both doing well. I love her name too!!!
Aww Crystal!! She is so tiny and cute!! Perfect! awww...I can't wait for her to be home with you all! Love you!
Congrats guys! We're so happy for you. I'm glad things went well, hopefully they will stay that way. I hope we can see you at the class reunion, it's been a few years.
oh Crystal..I LOVE her. She is so beautiful and precious. I am so glad everything is going well for you both..love you!
oh, so sweet! i just love her. and, her hair is terrific! you have a way of making them with really stellar hair.
Post a Comment