Sunday, February 1, 2009

Moving in....

We spent this weekend helping Steven and Jazmin move in to their new house. They bought the cutest house out in Eagle Mountain, but it was a DISASTER. The lady that lived there had dogs. Horrible disgusting shedding dogs and she never cleaned up after them. The picture above is of me cleaning dog urine off of the wall. Don't ask why I am smiling. It was horrible. I have never seen so much hair and pee everywhere. My mom cleaned the carpets and I can't believe she got them clean. They looked so good afterward. I think poor Jaz is going to be finding hair for the next year at least.
Caeli thought she was pretty big stuff. She mostly walked around and told us what to do. (where would she learn that hehe) She got to spend some time making snow angels and throwing snow at Cam. She learned about ladders and spent a lot of time going up and down the ladder. She just would walk around and say "I am doing the hardest jobs"


Cohen carried this little scrub brush around and "helped" too. He helped my mom with the blinds (which were disgusting I might add) He just got the biggest smile on his face and clapped for himself. He is growing up so much so fast!!!

Friday night we worked really late. We had all of the carpets clean and drying and we decided to just sleep at the house. The kids took the bathroom, Cohen in the tub and Caeli on the floor. We took the kitchen floor. It was quite the experience. We had 2 blankets, on on top and one on bottom and 2 pillows. We finally got to sleep about 2:30 and the kids woke us up at about 6:45. It was the longest shortest night of my life. That is one hard kitchen floor. We were so tired and we couldn't quit laughing at ourselves. The boys went back to Salt Lake to sleep. They were smarter then us. :) It was one of the grossest projects ever and I don't remember ever being so happy for a shower. I love all of you dog-in-the-house people, but if you have a dog that must be in the house..... clean up after it!!!! I am still in awe that anyone in this world lived like that. but all of our hard work paid off and the house looked really great when we were done. We had a lot of laughs. It's fun to be with the family no matter what we are doing.



9 comments:

Jaimee said...

It's good that you can have a sense of humor about cleaning up dog pee and hair! After recently house sitting for 10 days with a little house dog that I had to take outside every two hours, I will never, ever have an inside dog! Ever! Not worth it.

Dave and Kelsee said...

You are such a good sport! You are so nice. I bet they appreciated your help so much. You guys all look great!

Crystal said...

Oh, yes we do look very attractive in that bottom picture especially! HAHA!! And they better have appreciated it!! :) No, I know they did. I am certainly cured of ever wanting inside dogs!! Now if there were just such a thing as outdoor kids I might be able to have a clean house.....

Debbie said...

Oh that sounds disgusting to clean! The last house I lived in the prior owners had cats. I shampoo'd the carpets when I moved in with Mom's carpet shampoo'er and I don't know if it was ever the same. I had to stop every few feet and clean out all the cat hair that was clogging it. Blech! Made me want to vomit.

Tevita and Jodi said...

I hope they appreciated all your hard work! I hate the smell of inside animals. I hope you were able to get rid of the smell.

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing my butt off that you put the kids in the bathroom to sleep!! hahaha so hilarious... good job on getting the house clean though!! :)

Angela Whiting said...

Crystal! I love that I am finding all of my old friends through blogging. I think that the last time I saw you was two Halloweens ago in Koosharem! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, I wish you the best!
-Angela

Steven and Jazmin said...

HAHAHA I LOVE THIS!!! so the guy that did our cable today went down stairs and when he came up he said Did the previous owner have a cat or dog hahah when i asked him why he said it smelled like someone had left dogs down there HAHAHHAH actually its not funny so i went and sprayed so much febreze down there the next person is gonna get high on fresh air!!! but i cant tell you guys enough how thankfull i am to be in a family like yours... I love you guys so much and couldn't have asked for better!! Thanks again and i cant wait for you to come see the finished house!!

Angela Whiting said...

I am! E-mail or call me some time! You will have to tell me where his house is. I can have him over for dinner some time or take him cookies. It would be funny if we were in the same ward!
angelawhiting@gmail.com
653-0304