Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh kids...

Note that I am writing these things on here largely because this is, for the most part, my journal. I don't want to forget them.

The other night after I had already put Cohen to bed, Caeli and I were having a little fun time. We were doing puzzles, coloring and playing some good ol' go fish. After a few minutes of coloring Caeli sighed and asked. "Mom, can we do something fun?" I told her she could choose and we could do anything she wanted. She put her finger to her lips and one hand on her hip and said "hmmm... well, how about the cooking channel, maybe we could find something tasty to make Dad for dinner." Caeli has also recently taken to making up recipes. She'll draw pictures and tell me what they say. One of the latest was- 2 cups milk, 2 cups eggs, 2 cups sugar and 2 cups chocolate.

Caeli won't let Cohen touch any of her dress up items, jewelry or make up and several other things. (some of them Cohen's toys) So when Cam had Caeli out running errands with him the other day I found Cohen hiding in Caeli's room with her princess crown and necklaces playing her leap pad (that he is also forbidden to touch) I walked in and looked at him and he started laughing and ran away before I could grab the camera. That picture would have been great blackmail for when he was older.

Oh, one more funny story, Caeli keeps asking what we will name our baby. I was rattling off a list of a few names and when I started naming boys names and included Conor she said oooh yeah, or what about blitzen or comet. So maybe we will name our baby after the reindeer Conor, or Blitzen or Comet.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Haaaahahahaha! That's funny. I
m sad you didn't get a picture of Cohen.

Jaimee said...

Those are great boy name ideas! Thanks, Caeli. Those kids are so cute.

millie said...

I like what Caeli considers "fun". Very domestic. Funny anecdotes, too! Thanks for sharing.

The Godoy's said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing..I love hearing funny things kids say..it gets me excited for when evie starts!! love you! and when is your due date???

Devin and Elle said...

do you remember me. i'm Elle, Devan Lindgrens little sister. your family is so cute. Check out my blog and you can connect to Devan and Rachel's too!

Shawna S said...

I love the way kids think. The first time I asked Camden what he wanted to name his little brother, he suggested Optimus Prime after his favorite movie character. You gotta love them.

Kacey said...

hahahaha That is probably the funniest thing I've heard all day! hahaha