Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cohen's new mask

With Cohen's latest round of breathing problems the doctor gave us this new little mask to use with his nebulizer. It has been so so nice! The old one he just wanted to play with and I am not sure he got as much of the medicine as he should have. This is the way to go with him for sure. He seems to actually like it and will leave it on and everything. Caeli wasn't so sure about it when we got it. She told me "Mom!! It's for girls. It's purple." I told her that it could be for boys or girls and that it was a dinosaur so boys like it too. She put her hand on her forehead and said "Oh, no! Not a purple dinosaur! ANYTHING but Barney." Cameron's hate for Barney has definately rubbed off on her. I laughed, and reassured her it was not Barney. As soon as Cohen's flare up of this latest inflamation goes away they are going to start him on a daily asthma treatment. I hope that it helps. I feel so bad for him. It's can't be fun to have breathing problems all of the time. It just seems that it is never going to go away.

8 comments:

Zach, Roby, and Carson said...

Oh my goodness, I know exactly what your going through will the breathing treatments. I've given them to my son ever since he had RSV when he was a month old. He is doing much better now but I hate fighting him to do a treatment. Poor guy :(

Shawna S said...

Poor guy. I bet those horrible inversions in Logan don't help at all. Camden had breathing problems when we lived there too. Good luck.

Debbie said...

Poor kid! I'm glad the mask is working for him though!

That Caeli is one funny girl! :-)

Kristi Rowley said...

Lexie has the same mask. She is a little scared of it though.
Things will get better with his breathing. They seem to grow out of it somewhat. I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this, but hang in there.

Angela Severe said...

Oh Crystal so sorry. There is nothing worse than when your babies are sick. I am so sorry. Hope the little guy gets feeling better.

Anonymous said...

ah so cute!!! luckily my son's never had to have that kind... he's had a hand held one though... my friend's son had one like that but not nearly as cute!! haha

Kacey said...

I hope that he gets better! And Caeli is so funny! Love you guys!

millie said...

How's Cohen doing by now? Better, I hope!