Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Sick again
Cohen has been sick again this week. He has been running a high fever and just acting really groggy. He hasn't had any sort of conjestion or throwing up or anything. Today he is acting a lot better, his fever is gone. I just noticed that he is breaking out in some sort of rash all over his stomach and chest. About an hour ago Caeli crawled up on my lap and said she was sleepy and she is burning up now too. Anyone have any ideas as to what in the world my kids have? I have just been giving them tylenol and motrin to help with the fevers. I just hate having sick kids. I don't like feeling helpless and not knowing what to do for the poor little dears. It's kinda funny that with as germ freakish as we have been at our house we seem to get everything that goes around. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Ooo sick kids are the sadest ever! I am sorry. It seems like their little bodies are trying to fight of something nasty. As for the rash I don't know? Better get a call into the ped. Good luck.
Both of my kids have had that. where they runn a high fever and then 2 days after the fever goes away they get a rash but my mom told me that it is because if the fever. I don't know what they have but a little bug. hag in there.
That sounds a lot like Roseola. It usually last about 3 days, then they break out in a rash. Jacob had that a few months ago.
Here's some more info...
Roseola is a generally mild infection that usually affects children by age 2. It occasionally affects adults. Roseola is extremely common — so common that most children have been infected with roseola by the time they enter kindergarten.
Two common strains of the herpes virus cause roseola. The condition typically causes several days of fever, followed by a rash.
Some children develop only a very mild case of roseola and never show any clear indication of illness, while others experience the full range of symptoms.
Roseola typically isn't serious. Rarely, complications from a very high fever can result. Treatment of roseola includes bed rest, fluids and medications to reduce fever.
Don't know! It is crazy, Titan just has a little fever and a runny nose, but thankfully it was just some teeth poking through. If they are high fevers and last for more than two days I would definitely take them to the doc!
Oh poor babies!!! Looks like you've got some good info. That would freak me out too!! I'm a germ freak too and Avery is totally sick right now too. She got a cough and a nasty runny nose. I thought for sure she was getting teeth. None yet! Nothing. What is wrong with my child!
I concur with michelle. my kids all went through that when we were in cedar city. real high fever and then a rash.
Thanks guys! Cohen is basically over it now. His rash is mostly gone. Caeli doesn't seem to be getting it as bad as Cohen did. I wish that if they were both going to get sick though Caeli could get it first. That way she can tell me how she feels and I know better how Cohen is feeling.
Hey Ang, Who is your ped up there? I was wondering who I should take my kids to when we get moved back up to happy valley. My experience has been with OB's and Neonatologists.
My first one who had roseola was Heidi. I freaked out when she broke out in the rash, and took her to the doctor. He diagnosed it and just sent us home. Since then, I always recognized it, (several others of my kids had it) and that sounds so much like what Cohen had... nothing apparently wrong except the high fever.
Crystal! I came found your blog and I just wanted to say hi! It has been so long since we have seen you guys! What adorable kids- and you look great too! I read you're moving to Provo? We are up in Riverton, so we will have to get together! When is the big move? I'm glad to hear the kids are better. Addison had like the exact thing going on in Cedar around like 6 months. The doctors didn't even really know what was going on with her! Well fill me in we need to catch up!
Post a Comment