Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cam's the man.

On the occasion of our 6th anniversary of being married and nearly 10 years since we started dating (woah) I want to put it down in writing how great of a guy I have married! The other day as Cameron was about 3 hours late coming home from work (I may have started cussing him just a little) I was reading the Ensign where President Monson reminds us that our husbands need to hear a good word. I was planning on writing a little tribute to Cam on here, and then I was inspired again by Jaimee.... Anyway... I fell asleep on the couch after putting the kids to bed and when Cam finally made it home he came over and scooped me up and carried me into the bedroom. Firstly I was surprised he could carry me. hehe. but it just reminded me of some cute romantic movie and I just loved it. He is the best husband. Somehow Millie raised some really great boys, and sorry girls I got the best one! Cameron is the number one best dad that I have ever known. The second he gets home both of the kids just want him. He takes them with him whenever he can. Caeli thinks her dad can do anything. He just about can. Anytime anything breaks she tells us that her dad can fix it when he gets home. I am so happy that he can do all of the handy things that he can do. He works so hard. For me to just say I love him doesn't even begin to say it.
I start to think back over the last few years and some of the things we have done in our short married life and it has become a little list of things that shows how amazing Cam is. Caeli was only 6 weeks old when he left for Iraq. While he was gone he sent her some of the cutest letters. It will be cool when she is old enough to read them and understand. That all seems like a thousand years ago. He always had the best attitude about being gone and always kept a gospel perspective on things. I appreciate that so much about Cam. He definately picks up for my shortcomings. He relies on our Heavenly Father for everything and I am so grateful for that.
I also think back to when Cohen was born. He was great to keep things running around here while I was up there with Cohen and then when I was back in there myself. I can't imagine the stress of knowing that he had to go to work and take care of Caeli and stress about if Cohen and I were ok up in Provo. I appreciate that he honors his preisthood and can bless our family when we need it. He is so patient and understanding and always knows and helps me out when I am not feeling so hot.

There are so many little things that he does on a daily basis that I appreciate so much. Thanks Cam for all that you do. I love you so much. I don't know, and don't want to know, where I would be with out you.

6 comments:

Niels and Kayla said...

i love this post! cute..

Jaimee said...

That is so sweet! Millie did raise a bunch of awesome boys (and girls). I hope I can take some tips from her. I will always look up to both of you for being apart when Cam was in Iraq. I can't imagine how hard that must have been!

Unknown said...

Oh so sweet! Your new background is cute too! We are coming up! I am getting really excited. We are going up to Lehi for the first part of the week then going to Fish Lake on Thursday! Ken is dying to go fishing and we did not know Shaylie would camp so well so we decided to get a cabin! You are so sweet to offer! I may take you up on it if we stay in Koosherem (sp?) late! I am excited to see you guys!!!!

millie said...

I love your tribute to Cam. I agree that he's one of the best! And I think you are way special too!

Joel Chidester said...

yes cam is one of my favorite six brothers

Michelle said...

I think I have some pretty awesome brothers too. Cam's a pretty great guy! Even though he did pull my hair when we were little. :)