Friday, November 6, 2009

Cohen

I didn't get anything posted about Cohen's 2nd birthday, so I thought I would post on the 2nd anniversary of his due date. Our little miracle boy was born 10 weeks early and was only 2 lbs 14 oz. Despite all of that he did remarkably well. It was a crazy time and there is no way we could have done it without a lot of prayer and tons of help from our family and friends.


The poor little guy was so bruised! He was in the NICU in Provo at UVRMC for 6 weeks. He was a strong kid and still is. I can't believe it has been 2 years! I don't know what I would do without his bear hugs and "whatcha doin' mom"


(His cake was super ugly but it sure tasted good.) Cohen is such a special kid. Knowing he is our only son makes it really hard not to spoil him rotten. He's so loving to Cara and most of the time to Caeli too :) We are so blessed in our home. He makes me laugh every day and comes up with the funniest things. Some of my favorite sayings of his right now include "look at me guys" "what ya doin'" "go to grandma's house" "ride Grandpa's fourwheeler" and "shoot bear, grandpa's big gun" There is no question he is a boy and we are constantly cleaning up whatever he could find and spill. I have become friends with the poison control people because he eats anything and everything, and I am not kidding....
We love you Cohen, happy 2nd!

6 comments:

Zach, Roby, and Carson said...

Crystal.... Now that was a touching post you did!!! Cohen is adorable. Happy birthday buddy!!!

Bruce and Amber said...

Wow Time really does fly. I still remember when he got home and he was still tiny.I look forward to seeing you guys on thanksgiving. Love ya

Michelle said...

I just noticed the size of his binki compaired to his head. Wow. lol.

What a cute kid!

The Foisy's said...

wholly crap Crystal, I forgot how small he was! That is just crazy to see and truly he is a miracle! What a blessing and he is such a doll! I remember when I found out you went into labor, my heart just dropped and I was terrified for you cause we were due at the same time. I am so glad that we get to witness him just growing up like a normal boy!

Debbie said...

It's amazing how he has grown and changed in only two years! Happy Birthday, Cohen! (And happy belated birthday to you too, Crytal... pretty sure I forgot to tell you happy birthday on your b-day several weeks ago.)

Kristi Rowley said...

What a blessing he is! Happy Birthday Little/BIG Guy!