Wednesday, May 6, 2009
We had the most unbelievable tragedy here in our apartment complex Monday night. A little 5 year old boy was hit by a car in the parking lot and was killed. It has been the most somber week around here. Words can't even describe. I have never wanted my kids around me so bad in my life. It really puts into perspective what is important in this life. On nice days we are all outside running around and enjoying each others company and it could have been any one of our kids. I am grateful that my kids were not here and out there when everything was going on. I am trying to figure out what to say to Caeli (if anything) She doesn't have a clue, but I would almost like to be able to have a discussion about safety. We live on campus and the school has been so wonderful to have counselors available for everyone. I wish I could have gone to the meeting they had here if nothing else just to show support. I think we all feel so helpless, but I really do because I can't really leave my couch much.... The family has just been in our prayers constantly. Thank goodness for Eternal Families!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your mom was telling me about this. It's horrible. There was a 2 1/2 year old in St.George last week that was suffocated between his bed and the wall...horrible.
Stories like this make me cry. I don't even know them but my heart goes out to them. How heart breaking.
We have been thinking about and praying for this family a lot too! It makes me so sad! At the same time though, you are right, it is so comforting to have the knowledge of eternal families and to know that he is with our Heavenly Father and he is happy!
That is so sad! I can't imagine going through such a trial. It seems every time I read the news, there is something tragic about bad things happening to children. I'm just so glad that Heavenly Father is in charge. My heart goes out to the family!
I read that in the paper and my heart broke. It's so sad to hear about stuff like this especially when it happens so close to home. I hope you are doing ok. Glad to hear that you are still at home.
Post a Comment