Monday, April 27, 2009

Miracles

After a stressful weekend I am feeling really blessed today! Saturday night my contractions got really bad and I ended up in the hospital. When they checked I was dilated to a 3. They got the contractions stopped and gave me the first steroid shot. The Doc said if there was any change to get ready to be shipped down to the hospital in Ogden. After that hour there was no change so they just kept an eye on me and kept me here in Logan. We kept the contractions under control and when they checked on Sunday I was at a 1-2! They were all pleasantly surprised. Going backward isn't exactly common :) I know it is due to all of the prayer! Thank You all sooo much for contributing to that. I felt really bad because Mom had brought the kids up for the weekend and I didn't even get to see them much. Needless to say I am now at home on STRICT bed rest. Today has been a good day with relatively few contractions. We are just very grateful to have wonderful friends and family! Thank you all and your continued prayers are appreciated!

9 comments:

Jaimee said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad things worked out for you and you kept her in there. What a blessing about the dilation going backwards. I didn't even know that was possible! Let us know if you need anything, or if you want us to mail you some books or something!

millie said...

I didn't know it was possible either, and almost didn't believe Kacey knew what she was talking about when she told me. But you've confirmed it, so now I'm a believer! :)

Crystal said...

The nurse didn't know it was possible. It was the same nurse that checked twice too. My doctor today just laughed and shrugged his shoulders. A very good surprise.

Shy said...

Wow! That is a miracle....I'm glad you are doing better.....thath is very scary! Good luck w/ the bed rest thing...that is my worst nightmare! I don't know how you do it, but keep it up!

StubbsFamily said...

I hope that baby stays in there. You guys are in our thought. Stef is due in July also and it's hard to think about them coming this early.

The Foisy's said...

Oh man girl! That was a close one! I can't believe how hard these two pregnancies have been for you! You are in our prayers. I'm glad everything is ok. Keep us posted!

Natalie said...

Sorry Crystal. Bed rest sucks! But it is so worth it to have them stay in there! Trust me-I know!

Kristi Rowley said...

Mom called today and said that you were in the hospital....Ughh! I'm glad you went backwards though. STAY IN BED!!! I know, easier said than done. What can I do to help you?

Tevita and Jodi said...

I'm so glad that you were able to keep her in and come home! I know it is hard to be on STRICT bedrest but it is best for you and her. Good luck and if you need anything let me know:)