Monday, April 20, 2009

Pregnancy Update

This is for my own journaling purposes. I am really bad at actually writing things in my journal.

I am now 27 weeks along with this little girl. I have been on bed rest now for about a week and it really is helping. I started having some really bad contractions after my trip home to Koosh a few weeks ago and they got progressively worse until I ended up at the hospital one night. They gave me a shot of Terbutiline and it stopped the contractions so they sent me home with some pills of that and here I lay. I am right now about a week earlier then I was when I went into labor with Cohen. That's kinda wierd to think about. They won't let you deliver at the Logan hospital until you are 32 weeks, they send you to Ogden before that. So at this point my goal is to make it to that point (at least) and then go from there. Caeli and Cohen are at my Mom's- well, sometimes. They are going between there and the Grandma's houses when mom is at work. I miss them, it's pretty quiet around here. But I don't know how I would do it if I had them. Caeli would be fine but Cohen is quite a handful and there is no way I would be able to lay around like I need to if he were here. I really appreciate family. I don't know what I would do without them! I get really frustrated because whenever I do anything I have contractions. I tried to just sit and fold laundry one day and regretted it the rest of the afternoon. I can see that bed rest really does help but it's hard to do nothing, especially when it is so nice outside. I am at least getting a lot of good reading in and catching up on some food network time (which just makes me hungry and want to be in the kitchen :)) Cam has been so great too. I feel bad because he is right in the middle of finals and working his butt off, and has to babysit and worry about me. He takes really good care of me and I appreciate him more then I could even begin to say. He even cooked Sunday dinner yesterday! I love and appreciate him so much. What a great husband. I am so blessed.


UPDATE: I went to the doctor yesterday and things are looking great! No cervical changes!!! yea!! he also changed my medicine from trebutaline to nifedapine. it is so much better. I haven't had any contractions in the last few hours and don't have near as many side effects from this medicine. (I take it regardless of contractions.) Also my iron levels were normal this week so I don't have to go in for my IV. I am feeling so much better and am so happy!

10 comments:

Susi said...

I'm glad to hear that your contractions have stopped. What a blessing. Take care!!

Debbie said...

What a man! Cam, you're awesome! And you too Crystal! It's too bad you don't have one of those wheeled chairs/beds so that you could go out on the patio in the sun or something. Or do you have a patio at your new place? For that matter, do you have sun in Logan?? ;-)

That would be hard to just lay there all the time. It would be really awesome for about 3 days, then I would start feeling antsy, I think. You need some good puzzles or something!

The Foisy's said...

I'm praying for you to keep her in! She needs to roast a little longer! I hope you're feeling okay. I wish I was there to help!

Tevita and Jodi said...

Man Crystal, I wish you were here. Then I could come and visit you and we could relax together! I hope you are feeling well and are able to keep her cooking for a lot longer. Good luck and let me know if you need anything. You are in my prayers.

millie said...

Whenever you're tempted to get up and do stuff, just remember how it was with Cohen... What an ordeal that was! I'm sure you don't need that advise, though. You're always in my prayers too! Just take care of yourself and that baby.

Anonymous said...

ah i really hope you can make it a few more weeks!! :) it's awesome that you've got help with your 2 little ones... i can't imagine being on bedrest and trying to keep 2 others out of trouble haha

Kristi Rowley said...

Crystal, I'm sorry! What can I do to help? Will you e-mail me your phone# so I can call you? My e-mail address is kristirowley @ hotmail . com.

Jaimee said...

I'm glad things were looking good at your last doctor's appointment! I'm glad that you have so much family to help out with the kids. That must be such a relief, even though you must miss them! I hope this baby stays in for a long time! Do you have anemia? My iron was really low a couple months ago and my doctor said to take two iron tablets a day. He said if it got really bad, they have an IV, but it has weird side affects like turning your skin a strange color. Is that the IV you're talking about? Just curious.

Crystal said...

That's the one jaimee... I tried doing the 2 iron a day and I still dropped a LOT in just a few weeks. I feel so much better when I get it that I don't even care about the weird side effects though. Most of them go after about 24 hours though.

Angela Severe said...

Hey girly,
Man I am so happy to hear that things are looking up! I wonder why these babies are so anxious to get here! (Chelsey Bagleys Baby) Yes moms are wonderful when you need a helping hand. I wish I lived closer, our kids would play really good together. Take care and we will keep you and that little girl in our prayers :)