
We decided to take a little camping trip this weekend. This is what we woke up to: SNOW!!! It was crazy cold and miserable. So we came home a day early. It snowed on us all day until we left. We won't be doing that again any time soon. Cam and I would have been ok, and even Caeli was having fun eating ice. Cohen is not much of a camper to beging with, so it made it extra bad to be up there in bad weather with a baby. However despite the weather, we did have some good times around the campfire laughing and telling stories. We also saw a bunch of Elk and a few deer. We woke up in the night to the cow elk chirping and they were really close to us. We love to be outdoors, maybe next time we will believe the weather man.

Friday was Caeli's dance recital. She did well and actually knew what she was doing and where she was supposed to be. After one small wardrobe malfunction she danced her little heart out. They put lipstick on her and so she thought that she was pretty hot stuff. One small little ranting moment- SOME MOTHERS!!! Some of these cute little 4 and 5 year old girls came to the recital in full on $5 hooker makeup! I hesitated putting lipstick on my 3 year old, I can't imagine. What are we teaching our little girls? Going back to my own dance and drama days I know enough about stage make-up to know what they were going for, but come on, not on our beautiful little tiny girls that aren't even in kindergarten yet. And that's all I have to say 'bout that.
11 comments:
I agree with you about the makeup. Caeli is beautiful. She doesn't need any!
Even for stage makeup, a little goes a LONG way. It's rediculous to make your kid up like they are in a pagent or something. sheesh.
Caeli looks adorable in that top picture. She's so cute.
Looks like a really cold campout! I don't blame Cohen though, that is just too cold to be outside trying to sleep. Hearing the cow elk would have been neat though.
Caeli looks so cute! Your right about the makeup too. She doesn't need any because she is already cute enough. I try to surf. I wasn't very good at it but it was sure fun. We definately should go to Vegas for a weekend or something. That would be a blast. There are a lot of fun things to do down there. Let's plan it!
Cute! Makell is doing a dance camp this summer and then taking class this fall, isn't it fun!
Mandi it is so fun. it's wierd to have our little girls doing big girl things isn't it!
Kels,
lets make it a party for sure! There are a lot of things going on here in the next few weeks, but we need to just get it on the calander. lets talk to Teri and Savannah and plan a good time.
I am afraid to take Allayna camping, so I think you are brave to take both little kids! Caeli looks so cute! I hope Allayna will want to dance in a couple of years. this is Jaimee, by the way, not Jeff.
Those are cute dance pictures! I agree about the makeup. I was surprised that even for the small and very low-key neighborhood dance class and recital they have here that a lot of parents brought their kids just loaded with makeup. It didn't even occur to me to put any makeup on Alex.
ah i just love the pictures... she's adorable!!
That camping trip looks very very cold!!!! Adorable kiddies!!!
You guys are crazy!! K, I still can't understand why you would want to live in all that snow! Hey we still need to go on a vacation this summer! Are you guys down? I need to call you!!
Wow, cold! I can't tell you how many times we have woken up to snow. Lately though we have had a trailer..so it's not so bad. ;)
Post a Comment